Sustainability is important to us. We want to leave the planet in a better state, than how we found it.
We are a certified Green Tourism Organisation Agency
1. Green Solutions: We present both standard and sustainable options in our proposals to clients, so they can choose to run greener programs and events.
2. Green Standards: We adhere to the strong guidelines outlined in the green certification and work actively to improve event industry standards.
3: Working with Sustainable Suppliers: We implement a sustainable screening process with suppliers, and advise them on environmental challenges and solutions during onboarding. Start green and continue!
4. Upcycling: We are at the forefront of recycling. Idéa Nordic has more than 1000 specially designed costumes and props, with many that are recycled from previous event materials and decorations, as well as continually being up-cycled from previous entertainment programs.
5. Environmentally friendly transport. Like a real Copenhagener, we ride our bikes. We do not own a car. We transport our event materials using 'Cargo Bikes'. For larger events, and events outside of Copenhagen, we use a van-sharing service to transport larger items, equipment and our LED Light technology.
6. Rechargeable, low energy consuming LED Lights. We have integrated LED Light technology into many of our stages, props and costumes. Our digital dancing robots are rechargeable!
7. Repurposed materials. We create large bags in our workshop from old banners, to transport equipment between events. We are reducing our environmental impact with repurposed materials.
WHAT MOTIVATES US
During the C40 Climate Summit in Copenhagen, we collaborated with Michael Bloomberg, the United Nations Special Envoy for Climate Action, and the creative team at Bloomberg Philanthropies, to produce the 2019 Climate Awards. The Ceremony recognises various climate initiatives, that are being introduced by global leaders in their cities, to prevent the increase in global temperatures of 1.5 °C.
Through our collaboration, we were able to learn more about sustainable practices, such as the use of alternative energy sources, reusable plastic, recycling, and tree-planting projects to reduce the amount of CO2.
The Green Mile
The Green Mile was brought to Copenhagen by the MICEBoard in May 2023. The objective was to gain practical experience from local Danish suppliers, venues, restaurants and activity companies, for running more sustainable events and incentive programs.
We partnered with the Copenhagen Convention Bureau to deliver the 4-day program to 100+ buyers and suppliers from the German speaking market, who are passionate about running sustainable events.
We were chosen as the local DMC partner to deliver the program due to our practical sustainability practices in our events and programs, and our Global Tourism Organisation certification 🌱.
Have you implemented sustainable practices in your work place, that you would like to share with us? We are always looking for new inspiration.
Our goal is to become a leader in Europe in producing sustainable events. Contact Us to share your ideas and join us on our journey.
Sustainability starts with a mindset change!